Just Genie Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales under company number 09958948 whose registered office address is care of Michael Filiou PLC, Salisbury House, 81 High Street, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom EN6 5AS ("Just Genie") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Just Genie Limited.
Data Protection Registration Number: TBC.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Users of the Service may be Bookers (anyone utilising the Just Genie platform to request services to be performed by a Vendor) or Vendors (any company, individual user, or groups of associated individual users or companies utilising the Just Genie platform to offer services to Clients).
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Booker and Vendor Profile Information: You may have the opportunity to create a profile, which consists of information about you, and may include personal information including, but not limited to, photographs, examples of your work, information on work previously performed via the Service and outside the Service, skills, qualifications, pay rates, feedback and rating information. The information in your profile will be visible to all Just Genie Users and the general public. You may edit certain information in your profile via your account. If you believe that an unauthorised profile has been created about you, you can request for it to be removed by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other information you provide to us. You may also give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site www.justgenie.com or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include, but not be limited to, your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from the trusted third parties we are working with (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies).
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you provide to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information on the services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other services that are advertised and promoted on the Site that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The profile you create on our site will be publicly accessible unless otherwise indicated. You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for those third parties' marketing purposes unless we first provide you with the opportunity to opt-in to or opt-out of such sharing.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Just Genie Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its patients will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Just Genie Limited, our patients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Information about Vendors shared with Bookers:
- We share information regarding Vendors working on a Booker's project. Note that if a Vendor is suspended from the Just Genie Service, we may share that information with Bookers for whom that Vendor has worked or applied for work. If you choose to apply for work as a Vendor via the Service, we will share information relevant to your application with the applicable Booker(s), including, but not limited to, the information contained in your profile.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you will not be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA").
We may also store manual copies of your personal information (but not your payment card information) in a secure facility where access is restricted.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Cookies for web analytics
- We use third party services to gather data regarding the usage of our site on our behalf using cookies, log file data and code which is embedded on our website. We use this type of information to help improve the service we provide to UK and non UK visitors.
- Google analytics is a web analytics service provider provided by Google Inc. Google analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate a visitor's use of our website.
- Google stores the information collection by the cookie on their servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using our website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and the purposes set out above.
- For more information on the cookie set by Google analytics, including information on how to opt out please go to http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
Cookie name: __utma
Expires: 2 years
Description: Used by Google Analytics. Each unique browser that visits a page on the site is provided with a unique ID via the __utma cookie.
Cookie name: __utmb & __utmc
Expires: 30 min
Description: Google Analytics uses these two cookies to establish a session. If either of these two cookies is absent, further activity by the user initiates the start of a new session.
Cookie name: __utmz
Expires: 6 months
Description: When visitors reach the site via a search engine result, a direct link, or an ad that links to the page, Google Analytics stores the type of referral information in a cookie. The parameters in the cookie value string are parsed and sent in the GIF Request (in the utmcc variable). The expiration date for the cookie is set as 6 months into the future. This cookie gets updated with each subsequent page view to the site; thus it is used to determine visitor navigation within the site.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of $10.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.